Vijay Hospital has put in place efficient processes that makes the admission the process simple and convenient for our patients and their family members. In case of an In Patient stay, the following steps of the protocol will be followed:
- For OPD patients who are recommended to be admitted to the hospital, the concerned doctor raises an Advice Admission Form.
- The patient and the family are then guided to a Financial Counsellor, who will inform the patient about the plan of treatment and estimated cost. Our Financial Counselling team is active 24*7 and will counsellor the patient on type of room to select, mode of payment and deposit, package details, insurance cover and more. The Counsellor will hand the patient a slip containing the specification of deposit amount and room category.
- In case the desired room is unavailable at the given time, you will be offered the next best alternative. Else, you will be later transferred to the desired room once it is available.
- If you plan to be admitted in the coming days, you will need to carry this slip with you on the day of the admission. Else, you will be guided to the Admission Desk immediately.
- Our Admission Desk Executive will carry out the formalities as per the desired room category, and guide you to the cashier section for deposit. You will receive a Deposit Receipt which you need to display at the Admission Desk.
- At the Admission Desk, you will be handed an Admission file that consists of an Attendant Pass, Visitor Pass, In- Patient Guide Book, Consent Forms and Wrist Band.
- Our In-Patient Operations Executive will arrive at the Admission Desk to guide you to your room.
For a smooth admission process, please make sure to carry the following items:
- The letter of referral from your doctor.
- Your insurance card or cover guarantee from your health insurance fund or insurance company.
- A Government issued identity document (Passport, Driver’s license, Aadhar card).
- Previous medical health reports.
- The Admission Desk is located behind the front desk at the main lobby.
- Admissions are accepted any time of the day.
- All admissions require a Deposit Slip. We accept cash and all major credit/debit cards. We do not accept checks.
- You are requested to carry your own personal toiletries, clothing and slippers as the hospital does not provide them.
- You are advised not to retain any precious jewellery, large sums of money or other valuables during your stay in the hospital.
- Vijay Hospitals is not responsible for any loss or damage to of your items.
Post your treatment or surgical procedure, you will be in recovery for a few days as advised by your doctor. When he is satisfied with your progress, your doctor will advise you for discharge. The discharge process will be carried out in the following steps:
- Upon the doctor’s direction, the Duty Medical Officer will prepare your discharge summary which is reviewed and signed by the concerned doctor.
- After medication reconciliation, the nurse returns any extra medication to the Pharmacy.
- All your documents like radiology reports, lab reports and ECG reports are accumulated by the Floor Executive, and the final bill is generated.
- In case you are covered by insurance, the bill and a copy of your discharge summary will be sent to the insurance company. If the bill amount is equal to the approved insurance amount, the bill is settled. Else, you will be required to pay the difference in amount to settle the bill.
- Your attendant will receive a Receipt of Bill Paid along with two copies of the gate pass. One copy of the gate pass is to be hand over at the Nurse Station, where you will receive your discharge summary along with crucial information about your medication and post-discharge care.
- At the exit gate, you will be required to handover the second copy of the gate pass to the security personnel.
- Ensure you have all the items you brought with you while admission. We are not responsible for any items forgotten or left back in the hospital. Cross check all your documents before leaving the hospital.
- If you are covered under insurance, your bill will need 2-4 hours processing time.
- The first follow up check is complimentary, we encourage you to regularly visit your doctor as required to ensure your recovery is on the right track.