Dr. SARAN KUMARDEPARTMENT OF ENT AND HEAD & NECK SURGERY Consultant Surgeon
The department of ENT and Head & Neck Surgery is headed by a well qualified and empathetic ENT surgeon, Dr. SaranKumar. He completed his undergraduation in 2010 from prestigious Stanley Medical College. He pursued his post graduation in one of the India’s top post graduation institution , PGIMER, chandigarh and completed his M.S Otolaryngology (ENT) and Head & Neck Surgery in 2014. He underwent super speciality training to provide high quality care for his native people. He has been trained in Cochlear Implantation in Madras ENT Research Foundation, Chennai and became a Fellow in Implantation Otology under The TamilNadu MGR Medical University in 2016. He has also accomplished his DNB (ENT) degree in 2016. He has his dream to setup a cochlear Implant Clinic, Neurotology and Lateral Skullbase center to provide a world class treatment.
Original Research during Post Graduation:
Research work during the tenure of junior residency was “Diagnostic Potential Of Videonystagmography In Patients With Vertigo”
List of articles worked-on and submitted for Publication:
1. Adult capillary Hemangioma of Vocal Cord – A rare presentation and review of literature. The Kerala Journal of ENT Head & Neck Surgery 2017;15(3) 21-22
2. Outcomes of Cochlear Implantation in Auditory Neuropathy Spectrum Disorder and role of CAEP in benefit evaluation. Turk Arch Otorhinolarngol 2018;56:15-20
3. Audit of Bilateral Simultaneous Cochlear Implantation in Pediatric Population: South Indian Study. Turk Arch Otolaryngol 2018;56:36-41
4. Translabyrinthine approach to internal auditory meatus: A retrospective case study and review. Medical journal Armed Forces India
5. Cochlear Implantation in patients with Renal Dysfunction. Journal of Hearing Science 2016;6(4)
6. Evaluation of round window accessibility for electrode insertion: Validation study from two centers (Cochlear Implantation International)
7. Benign Paroxysmal Positioning Vertigo: Different presentations, diagnostic challenges and their management (Journal Of Vestibular Research)
8. Toxoplasmosis Arytenoid – A Rare Case Report. Kerala Journal of ENT Head & Neck Surgery 2017
- Founder Life Member (LM55) of Indian Academy of Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery
- Member of Tamilnadu Association of Otolaryngology of India
- Member of Cochlear Implant Group of India
- Member of indian medical association (Hosur Branch)
Conferences and Workshops attended:
- Participation in the “Hands on Cadaveric Dissection Course” on Endoscopic sinus and skull Base Surgery held on September 2, 2011 at ENT Surgical Workshop: An Update conducted in PGIMER, chandigarh.
- Hands on Dissection and active participation in “Hands on Head and Neck Cadaveric Dissection Course 2013” on April 6, 2013 held at PGIMER, Chandigarh.
- Active participation in “Hands on Temporal Bone Dissection Course 2013” on april 7, 2013 held at PGIMER, chandigarh.
- Experience of attending the live surgical demonstrations in Rhinocon – 2013 conducted in Vadodara.
- Basaloid Squamous Cell Carcinoma Of Head And Neck: Diagnosis And Management A Review in 2nd Head, Neck and Thyroid Cancer Forum held at Patel Cancer and Superspeciality Hospital , Jalandhar, Punjab.
- Attended CIGICON 2014 in AIIMS, NewDelhi on 20-22 Nov 2014.
- Poster presentation in CIGICON 2014 on Nov 21, 2014 “Surgical Challenges In Cochlear Implantation – Merf Experience”
- Attended Basic Sinus dissection and live surgery in ENT & Sinus Surgery Workshop held in Nashik ,18th – 23rd February 2015.
- Participated as a Delegate in the Model ENT OSCE’ 15 held on 15th march, 2015.
- Participated as a Delegate in the HANOCON 2015, Head and Neck Oncology Conference held on 23rd August 2015 at Hotel Hyatt Regency, Teynampet
- Presented a free paper “Cochlear Implantation in Single sided deafness” in 13th Annual conference of Cochlear Implant Group of India held on 26th – 27th September 2015 at Jaipur.
- Participated as a Delegate in the Pre Conference Workshop on 29th October, 2015 in Facial Plastic during 2nd Annual Conference of Indian Academy of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery
- Participated as an Invited Faculty in 2nd Annual Conference of Indian Academy of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery , Chandigarh from 29th – 31st October, 2015 and presented a paper “Assessment of outcomes of cochlear implantation in Auditory Neuropathy Spectrum Disorder and role of CAEP in outcome assessment” in Junior consultant award paper session.
- Participated as a faculty in 55th All India Temporal bone workshop 11th and 12th July 2015 MERF, Chennai.
- Participated as a faculty in 56th All India Temporal bone workshop 14th and 15th November, 2015 MERF, Chennai.
- Guided the Cochlear Implantation team in kanyakumari medical college, Nagercoil in performing CI surgery on 2nd and 3rd Feb 2016.
- Guided the cochlear Implantation team in Madurai medical college in performing CI surgery on 24th and 25th Feb 2016.
- Attended as a delegate in Endo ORL and Skull base 6th live endoscopic surgical workshop organized by Krishna Eye and ENT hospitals on 26th, 27th and 28th Feb 2016.
- Organised Clinico Pathalogical Conference in Madras ENT Research Foundation(p) Ltd. On April 16, 2016.
- Attended the “Advanced Level Cochlear Implant update” at MERF, Chennai, on 24 Apr 2016.
- Guided the cochlear Implantation team in Madurai medical college in performing CI surgery on April 29, 2016 and May 26 2016
- Attended Workshop on Obstructive sleep apnea and Coblation Surgeries in Madurai Medical college on 28th May 2016.
- Organised Clinico Pathalogical Conference in Madras ENT Research Foundation(p) Ltd. On June 25, 2016.
- Attended the Pre-Conference Workshop in “Neurotology” on 25th August 2016 at 3rd Annual Conference of Indian Academy of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery , Kolkatta.
- Participated as a Delegate in 3rd Annual Conference of Indian Academy of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery , Kolkatta from 26th to 28th August, 2016.
- Presented the paper “Laryngeal Amyloidosis – Our experience and Role of KTP Laser in its management in the Consultant award paper session at 3rd Annual Conference of Indian Academy of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery , Kolkatta
- Organising secretary for Advanced Cochlear Implant Update held at MERF on October 2, 2016
- Moderated a panel on challenging situations and Management of Complications at Advanced Cochlear Implant Update held at MERF on October 2, 2016
- Participated as faculty for Tenporal Bone dissection at OCT-KAN 2016 on 22nd and 23rd October, 2016.
- Organised the Clinico-Pathological Meet at MERF (P) Ltd. On Nov 6, 2016.
- Awarded Certificate of Appreciation for whole hearted participation in free Medical Camp for The Poor and Needy rural at village Majra on March 31, 2012.
- Attended Free ENT camp in Podaturpet camp on 21/09/2014
- Free ENT camp at Muthumariyamman temple at Indra nagar, Adyar on 12/10/2014
- Attended American International School Chennai, General ENT camp 2 days
- Camp at Fishermen colony, Mamallapuram
- Attended a special camp organized for hearing and language development impaired individuals at Varuvan Vadivelan Institute of Technology in Dharmapuri on 14th Feb 2016.