Infertility is a rising concern in India observed among every 15 in 100 individuals. A range of conditions from lifestyle to genetic to environmental conditions influence the reproductive health. Lifestyle factors include stress, obesity, alcohol, and smoking. Age is one significant risk factor of Fertility. Keeping aside all these factors medical conditions such as diabetes, epilepsy, thyroid, inflammatory bowel disease, tubal disease, uterine fibroids, polycystic ovary syndrome, ovarian also failure affect the fertility rate
Who needs to Visit an Fertility Specialist?
- Irregular menstrual cycle
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- H/o of cancer therapy
We at Vijay Hospital make sure that the patients are provided with the utmost principles of care at each phase of their fertility treatment on the basis of their clinical needs. We currently offer the following comprehensive medical care services as a part of our, out-patient and in-patient departments:
Services available for treatment of Fertility
Medical management Involve administration of medications to stimulate the process of ovulation. Hormones produced in the pituitary gland referred to as gonadotropins. These hormones are known to control the process of ovulation. Therefore the medical management of Fertility involves administration of injectable medications containing gonadotropins form an important part of the therapy Surgery or minimally invasive therapies
Fertility Treatment For Men
-    Laparoscopic varicocelectomy Varicoceles are believed to play a possible role in Fertility in approximately 35% of men with the primary cause of Fertility. Laparoscopic varicocelectomy involving several small incisions in the abdomen helps allow the introduction of equipment to visualize the blood vessels causing the varicocele and perform the varicocelectomy
-   Vasal reversal Vasectomy reversal is the surgical measure that rejoins the male reproductive tract after disruption by the vasectomy.
-    Vasovasostomy & Vasoepididymostomy Are surgical interventions developed to circumvent an obstruction in the male genital tract. These measures are commonly performed to reinstate the process of fertility, although they are seldom performed to alleviate pain correlated to postvasectomy
-   Trans-Urethral Resection of Ejaculatory duct Transurethral resection of the ejaculatory ducts is performed in infertile men with indicative ejaculatory duct obstruction. This is performed through a telescopic contrivance positioned through the urethra called a resectoscope.
-   Cone biopsy
Fertility Treatment For Women
-    Laparoscopic surgery This key-hole surgery is performed to treat cysts, endometriosis, fibroids, perform a hysterectomy and pelvic floor reconstruction.
-    Laparoscopic ovarian drilling Laparoscopic ovarian drilling is a surgical management that involves instigating of the ovulation process in women who have polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS). Electrocautery or a laser is the instrument used to obliterate parts of the ovaries
-    Myomectomy for fibroid removal A myomectomy is a fertility procedure that involves removal of the fibroids, whilst leaving the uterus intact Ovulation induction Ovulation induction is the prompt stimulation of ovulation by medication. It is generally used in the stimulation of the growth of ovarian follicles to reverse anovulation or oligo ovulation, but can also be used to trigger oocyte release from relatively mature ovarian follicles.
-    In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) In vitro fertilization or IVF, is the main, widespread and efficient type of assisted reproductive technology involving the fertilization of the egg external to the body followed by implantation in the woman’s uterus
-    Intra-cytoplasmic Injection (ICSI) Intracytoplasmic sperm injection is a micromanipulation procedure used in the method of in vitro fertilisation (IVF). It involves injecting a solitary sperm into the centre of a mature oocyte. This route bypasses an integer of events in the fertilization process, thereby directly fertilizing the egg. This procedure is used to treat male factor Fertility interrelated to the quality and quantity of sperm.