General medicine department at Vijay hospitals is the medical speciality concerned with the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of diseases involving the adults. We establish the diagnosis and manage the condition in the hospitals or in outpatient clinics by providing evidence-based care. Our general physicians have a wide range of knowledge of the common medical conditions involving individuals.
We provide continuing care by working in close association with subspecialists to ensure patients receive the most effective treatment. The desired level of care includes medical procedures, diagnostic testing, and medications. Physicians at Vijay hospitals help provide precise information to ensure accurate diagnosis and treatment management.
This department serves as the first point of contact whenever any patient visits the hospital. A general physician performs the required physical examination of the patient and subsequently recommends the necessary tests and diagnostic procedures. The consequences of the diagnostic tests, the general physical examination and symptoms are then interrelated to arrive at the final diagnosis. Depending on the final diagnosis, the general physician gives the necessary treatment (usually medication) to the patient or refers to a speciality department for further treatment.
Conditions we treat
- Recurrent infections such as cold, sore throat, cystitis thrush, chest infections, and bacterial infections
- Metabolic disorders like diabetes, hypertension, and dyslipidemia
- Infectious diseases of acute or chronic origin including HIV and tuberculosis
- A few persistent symptoms where diagnostic tests have not revealed a serious underlying disorder
- Asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Digestive disorders including gastrointestinal acid reflux disease, and irritable bowel syndrome
- A chronic headache such as a migraine or a tension-type headache
- Side effects of prescribed medications
- Adult and infant immunization schedules
- Nutritional disorders including anaemia, vitamin, and trace element deficiency disorders